There are many ways to receive help during the holidays. Please contact the YSC Coordinator, Betsy Fusilier, if you have specific questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Action Center – Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2023 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm – Take-out, drive-thru, NO eat in service
FoodChain – Regular hot meal distributed Monday, November 20, 2023 5:30 pm – 7 pm, Closed Wednesday – Friday
Lexington Rescue Mission – Wednesday, November 22, from 4-7 p.m. at Broadway Christian Church, 187 N. Broadway St
Malone’ s/Porter Memorial Baptist Church – Take out meal – Call 859-272-3441 to reserve a pickup time on Thanksgiving, November 23, 2023 between 11 am – Noon at the church.
Salvation Army – Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2023 from 12:00pm -1:00pm at Salvation Army, 736 West Main Street.
Lextran routes will provide FREE service for Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 23, with routes following a Sunday schedule.
The annual Fire Fighter’s Toy Program is taking sign ups until November 15th!
Salvation Army Angel Tree Sign Ups
Open September 19 – October 21, 2022
Documents Needed for the Application:
· Applicant’s proof of address (Lease, Utility bill, etc.)
· Applicant’s proof of income (Paystub, SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
· Applicant’s Identification (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
· Other household member’s proof of income (Paystub, SNAP, etc.)
· Children’s birth certificate(s) or proof of guardianship (no social security cards)
· BE SURE TO CLICK THE YELLOW “UPLOAD” BUTTON ONCE YOU HAVE SELECTED YOUR DOCUMENTS ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Information that will be asked on the Application:
· Applicant’s monthly income information (Earned Income, SNAP, SSI, SSDI, Child Support, TANF, etc.)
· You do not need an invitation code, just enter your zip code
· Angels must be 17 years or younger as of 12/31/2022
Applications will be processed within ONE WEEK, if it has been longer than one week since the application has been submitted, please call (859) 252-7706 and please leave your name, phone number, and message and we will reach out. If it has been less than a week, we are still in the process of reviewing your application.
If you have any other questions, please call (859) 252-7706.
Sign up now for a Thanksgiving Box from God’s Pantry
God’s Pantry Food Referrals can be made by the YSC. Residents of Fayette County will be asked to provide proof of residency. In addition to government-issued identification, utility bills and pieces of mail can be accepted. You will need to provide information such as birthdays, etc. as well.